Who am I?
I’m a qualified psychotherapist and counsellor, and Principal Therapist at From 2 to 3, a couple counselling service devoted to helping couples adjust to the challenges of life with a newborn. Obviously my academic background is important, and you can read it below, but I strongly believe it’s my personal journey that enables me to offer my clients the greatest value.
I am a single working mother with a gorgeous grown son. When my boy was only seventeen months old, my husband had left and I was experiencing post-natal depression and anxiety and felt ill equipped to deal with it. Since then, I have learnt, through hard times and rewarding times, to adapt to my changing circumstances and understand the impact that a baby has on relationships. It is my life experience, combined with my extensive studies, that has given me the knowledge and compassion to support others in similar situations.
I passionately believe that growing your family from two to three can be a lot less stressful if you have the right help. I am dedicated to working with couples having their first baby and helping them face the changes in relationship dynamics that occur during this challenging transitional time.
Even though our marriage ended, my ex-husband and I worked together and learnt from our respective pasts to develop a respectful relationship with each other, which provided a solid foundation for our son. I have also been privileged to have the experience of introducing a new partner into my family’s world, where we have embraced a new version of going from ‘two to three’.
I hope to have the opportunity to support you on your journey to loving each other, your child and finding great happiness together.
What I do:
- Practising Psychotherapist & Counsellor
- Individual Counsellor
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Perinatal Counselling
- Anxiety Counselling
- Grief And Loss Counselling
- BCHC – Bachelor Degree in Psychotherapy, Counselling and Human Change
- EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy Graduate Diploma
- Sandplay Therapist
- Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
- Member of PACFA – Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- Mother of a well adjusted young man
- Therapist – South Pacific Private Hospital
- Mentor – Sister to Sister
- Mentor – Raise Foundation
- Co-facilitator – Northside Clinic
- Counsellor – Macarthur Adventist College